It's been a busy week getting things working around here. I've finally traced all seven of the pier cables in the observatory and now know which end matches what. The problem is that the cables are either long enough to reach the computer or long enough to reach the telescope mount on the pier but not both. Go figure. Other things which are now up and running include the boat (sort of), the chipper, the old lawn tractor and the pressure washer. The power wagon isn't working but I'm about to loose that PIA anyway.
I have two photos for you today. The first is a somewhat boring image of the sun but it's my first image from the observatory. I tried to image Jupiter but the results were marginal at best. The dew was terrible that night. About 2a the water was dripping off the telescope, the mount and me. I actually had to wear a rain jacket and hood. The second photo is of a beautiful columbine. I may have to post more photos of this flower later.